Shaw Brick provides a transferable 25 year warranty (from date of purchase) on the structural integrity of all Concrete Masonry Units it manufactures.
All Shaw Brick Concrete Masonry Units are manufactured to meet or exceed the current applicable CSA standards.
If product is installed and maintained to applicable guidelines and best practices, (e.g. NCMA, etc.) under normal, non-abusive situations, proves to be structurally defective, Shaw Brick will replace these units. Shaw Brick’s responsibility is limited to product replacement (FOB site) and does not include the cost of off-loading, installation or replacement labour.
- Surface discolouration caused by efflorescence, improper washing or pollution
- Contact with harmful chemicals or de-icing agents other than sodium chloride.
- Damage or spalling caused by impacts, abrasions, overstressing or overloading.
- Deterioration resulting from designs or installations not complying with applicable codes, standards, best practices and recognized work procedures.
- Building settlement or subsidence
- Incorrect use of mortar or deterioration of mortar
- All Concrete Masonry Units are made from natural materials, therefore variations in colour may occur.
A valid proof of purchase will be required, namely the invoice.
- Efflorescence, a whitish powder- like deposit that sometimes appears on concrete products, in no way affects the structural integrity of the products. Efflorescence will wash and wear off over time.